Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Family Doctor’s Tale – Best Yahoo Answer – HYPEREXTENDED KNEES


Hyperextension Knees?

I'm a 16 year old girl, and i have hyperextension knees since young.

However, I wasnt aware that of the term till yesterday, as in,
I wasnt aware that there was a medical term for my condition.

It doesnt hurt, though it aches once in a while. I'm starting a new sport - hockey now and I am wondering if it is alright to play hockey with hyperextension knees?

Also, as my condition wasnt caused by any injury but was born with it, what should I do to correct it?





Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Hyper extension knees are related to inherited loose ligaments.

There are people with this condition with hyperextended wrists, flat feet etc.

When the ligaments are overstretched you may have some pain.

People with mild form of this illness can participate in all sports.

In more severe cases wearing a knee guard may help to prevent over extension of the knee.

In more severe cases where dislocation of the kneecap occurs, then an operation may be required to tighten the ligaments.





Source(s):

http://kennethkee.blogspot.com

A Simple Guide to Medical Conditions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to my RSS:

Subscribe in a reader Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. Click on: bookmark at folkd

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools
Online Marketing Toplist Submit URL Free to Search Engines

Bookmark and Share

Ads by Adbrite

Clicktale

Networked Blogs

Labels

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe