Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Family Doctor’s Tale – Best Yahoo Answer – PROLONGED PERIOD


Long period concern, help?
Right, I started my period last Thursday and so this Thursday - still on - makes it 8 days.


I'm usually 7 days the longest and 5 days the shortest.

I started the birth control pill - my first time ever - on Friday, second day of my period.

My period seemed off on Saturday, then appeared on Sunday stayed till Tuesday, disappeared on Wednesday and then appeared again today.

It's driving me mad. I've even gone to bed with nothing on bottom fine thinking its over - but no.

Is this anything to do with the pill? Or am I just lasting a bit longer than usual?

I've gone on a diet also since Saturday - I'm considering stopping it for now because prolonged period and less calories don't seem like a good combo at the moment.

Please help.








Best Answer - Chosen by Asker




In most women, the first time they use the contraceptive pill, there may be abnormality in the menstrual cycle with spotting or excess bleeding because of the sudden change of female hormones in the body.

Sometimes the dosage of the contraceptive pill may not be suitable for the person.

If you are uncomfortable with the contraceptive pill, it is best to stop it.




Source(s):

http://kennethkee.blogspot.com

A Simple Guide to Medical Conditions




Asker's Rating:
4 out of 5
Asker's Comment:
Thanks. It stopped finally and I checked with my GP just in case. Every things okay thankfully.

1 comment:

  1. small business grants for womenDecember 24, 2010 at 4:14 AM

    It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to my RSS:

Subscribe in a reader Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. Click on: bookmark at folkd

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools
Online Marketing Toplist Submit URL Free to Search Engines

Bookmark and Share

Ads by Adbrite

Clicktale

Networked Blogs

Labels

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe